Friday 6 January 2012

Writing Update

I thought I'd better post an update on how my NaNo Novel Timber Varden is doing. I couldn't be any happier with it, I want to shout from the roof tops with how I feel about it right now. As of January the 4th, almost towards the 5th. Timber Varden went from being a work in progress, to being a completed first draft, and so begin the time of edits you say?

Well no, I'm not going to rush into the edits as of yet, and the reason being is that I want to finish my current and at the same time, overdue work in progress - Awakening before I return to Timber Varden with the edits. Not only that but I find myself in a situation where I have a further 7 idea's waiting to be written, of which I want to get the basics down, the plot, the outline, the characters so that when it comes to writing it, I would know exactly where I left it. I don't want to start them just yet but just getting the basics down for each of them would prove beneficial in the long run.

At the same time as all of this is going on, I'm also looking to set out and plan my next NaNo novel for November. I truly must be mad!!!!. However the more I look at it, the more I could turn one of my other idea's into my next NaNo as they aren't being written, but rather they are being thought about and plotted. At least this time I can go into November with a firm idea at the forefront of my mind and not an idea conjured up in 3 weeks at such short notice.

The list of potential idea's and or story titbits are increasing. Currently I have the following:
(These are ideas, not finished articles.)

Keeper Of The Light - A sequel to Awakening
The Dream Weaver
Morgan's Wake (working title) - opening line written (possible)
Sati's Story: A Timber Varden Novella
A Christmas short that I want to adapt and make longer, either novella or novel length.
One where Tobias is the main character - partial start in mind.
Then you have the NaNo novel for this coming year - as yet undecided

Awakening - An on going project
Timber Varden - On going project with a complete first draft to work from.

Seeing as I've competed my first ever NaNo Novel's first draft, I have resumed work on Awakening which I've not added anything to for almost 5 months. I will admit it is not easy getting back into writing that book. But Alice, the main character, is starting to come about once more and the words are starting to flow freely again. Since resuming it I've written almost 2000 words, and that's since yesterday, that's not bad considering how long it's been since I've worked on it.

Now if only I can continue this pace or increase it!

No comments:

Post a Comment